Thursday, May 19, 2011

W.I.S.E. Women in Sports and Events


After much research, I was amazed to find so many associations pertaining to sports entertainment.  Amongst many, I found an association that will help me with networking opportunities within the sports and entertainment industry.  This association will benefit me within my career path, as I continue to learn leadership traits.  

The W.I.S.E. mission is to encourage is to create and support programs that enhance the success and growth of women in the sports and events industries.  The organization strives to be the definitive source for businesswomen seeking information about issues, challenges and opportunities impacting all stages of their career.



With chapters in Atlanta, California, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, New York and Washington DC, the Women in Sports and EventsAssociation (W.I.S.E.) received most of my attention, as it remains the Leading Voice and Resource for Professional Women in the Business of Sports and Events.

What I recommend:
I recommend this site to any female aspiring to become a leader not only in the sports and entertainment industry but to females who are striving to become a leader in any field.  There are great resources to choose from and great benefits to gain, just by being associated with such an organization.  Here are a few of their membership benefits: 


  • Networking with other accomplished women in the in the industry
  • Access to exclusive events discussing industry issues and career-related topics
  • Exposure to industry leaders
  • Participation in the WISE Within Mentoring Program
  • Access to job bank

Check them out here:
                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-952oNVVJoA

No comments:

Post a Comment